Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Book Review - "Desperation" by Stephen King

Although reading is considerably a much loved preoccupation I haven't been doing much of it at all. It is only lately I have procured some free space and time to indulge in such pleasures, and landed myself with an old book lying in the bookshelves. Not my best choice at returning to reading but it served the purpose for the moment.



"Desperation" by Stephen King was un-nerving and scary in opening up the horrors of evil and suffering the perpetual fight of good against evil. Noticeably it was more of a spiritual war here. Characters were portrayed with their all their realistic peculiarities such that it was easy to identify with them, and characters there were a plenty. Spooky in huge doses and mysterious in parts, it was a captivating read.


This, I will venture to say, is not for the faint-hearted, nor for the "home alone" nights. There is a challenge posed by Stephen King in the synopsis - "enter if you dare". Not a frivolous statement as I was to discover.


Still it may lead me on to more Stephen Kings to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment